You're passionate about design from the user's perspective and love being able to transform wireframe concepts into beautiful, highly-polished interfaces.
A background in fine arts, graphic design, and games makes you the perfect person to tackle challenges in everything from Photoshop and Flash, to After Effects + proprietary engines.
Experimenting with new ideas, taking risks, and making mistakes to efficiently iterate, test, and refine new conceptual designs are skills you utilize while working well within a team.
Since UI begins with intuitive flow, you know how to ask effective questions of designers to ensure that your static + motion compositions convey all the details.
You work well with technical artists + engineers to integrate assets and work out any visual or usability issues that arise.
As a member of Iron Galaxy Studios, you'll have the opportunity to work on complex + challenging screens across all platforms while working alongside some of the most talented minds in the industry striving to produce amazing titles year after year.
- Report to Art Director + Art Leads to establish artistic vision
- Ownership of screens throughout the development process from wireframes to QA certified assets
- Work with Designers to translate wireframes into polished static + motion compositions
- Creatively explore and generate refined assets, user interfaces, and other materials while maintaining consistency and AAA visual quality
- Solicit and give feedback to improve the process and quality of work
- Assist Tech Artists + QA to implement, refine, and test assets until architectural and usability requirements are met
- Collaborate with Engineers to ensure UI assets are authored in a consistent manner to hit memory and rendering performance targets
- 3+ years of professional game experience working as a UI artist
- Portfolio demonstrating a breadth of visual creativity in both interface and graphic design
- Engine Proficiency
- Software Proficiency
- After Effects
- A degree in game art, graphic design or related field
- UX Experience
- Management Experience
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated with a passion for video games